Live in Care costs
We acknowledge and understand that financing long term care is often difficult and is a decision that requires a great deal of thought. Therefore our objective is to provide exceptional care and support whilst remaining excellent value for money. We have been providing care within residential settings for over 30 years and we believe that our Live in Care costs are highly competitive against this type of provision. So to help you decide if this provision of care is right for you, go to our ‘Choosing care services’ page.
Through our Live in Care service we provide you or a loved one with a carer that is directly employed by us; having gone through our rigorous recruitment process, our carers are not only chosen for their skills, attributes, experience and their qualifications, but we also look for 3 excellent references and they must complete a full Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. We take care of the carer’s PAYE, their high standard, ongoing training and support, insurance and much more; while allowing you or a loved one to concentrate on continuing to be independent in their chosen lifestyle.
Our Live in Care costs are inclusive and are broken down into 3 transparent packages of care;
This Companion care plan allows you to continue living independently the way you choose to with the support, security and reassurance of a live in carer 24/7. The carer will provide companionship, encouragement and assistance with everyday tasks, with the exclusion of personal care.
- 24/7 companion care from an experienced, trained and suitably matched carer
- Assistance with everyday tasks, such as cooking, cleaning, shopping, prompting of medication, accompaniment to and from appointments.
From £800 per week
This Personal care plan is for those who require assistance and support with most everyday tasks, including all aspects of personal care; such as support with getting in and out of bed, toileting, washing, dressing, eating and drinking.
- 24/7 Personal Care with a suitably qualified, experienced and matched carer
- Assistance with everyday tasks as mentioned above in the Companion Care package.
- Personal care; support with getting in and out of bed, toileting, washing, dressing, eating and drinking.
From £850 per week
This Complex care plan is to assist those with conditions that require high support with personal care and/or require complex continuous care with a carer that has the skills and knowledge to do so.
- 24/7 Complex Care with a carer that has the skills and competencies to undertake this required level of support. Conditions such as;
- Learning or physical disabilities that require long-term support with mobility aids such as hoists
- Discharges from hospital which require 24/7 observation and/or have a long recovery process
- Degenerative conditions such as MS, Motor Neurone Disease, Alzheimer’s, that require continuing care needs
- PEG feeding
- This package of care also combines the personal care and companion care packages.
From £950 per week
Respite Care and Short Term Care at home…
is bespoke to the individual’s requirements; it could be that a family member or private carer needs to take a short break. Or many people may need a period of support through recuperation or convalescence, such as during the weeks since returning from hospital. The cost of this type of care is dependent on which of the above packages is required. For example if the personal care package is required; one week’s respite care at home will be from £800. If the duration of care is under a week but a minimum of three days, a daily cost from £200 will be charged.
Caring for couples…
We understand the importance in enabling couples to remain together. Therefore we can provide a live in carer to support couples with their care needs whilst remaining in their own home. The cost of live in care for couples is an extra £10 per day on top of the required care package. Where care is for both individuals; this will be charged as two separate care packages.
The fees include all services listed on the service user guide.
- VAT is not chargeable on any fees
- Bank holidays will be charged at 2/7 of the weekly rate
- Live in carers require a two hour break each day and eight hours of sleep at night
- The fees do not include a food allowance for the carer. Where food is not provided for a carer there will be an additional charge of £8 per day
The cost of our Live in Care service is dependent upon the level of support that is required. That’s why our Live in Care team can provide you with a cost estimation through an informal chat. This cost can then be confirmed once our care team have been and visited you and achieved a full, free, no obligation assessment.